Posted to dev@milagro.apache.org by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu> on 2016/07/01 07:19:15 UTC

Re: Can we release?

Hi,

> On 29 Jun 2016, at 13:44, Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> It's important in incubation that we are able to make releases.
>
> The quality and maturity of a release is secondary, provided it
> is properly labelled.  Fully operational, beta, alpha, or even
> "buggy experimental developer release".  We, the project, take
> responsibility for deciding where we are and where we're heading
> on a roadmap.
>
> The other element to a release is to ensure it meets Apache
> standards.  That's about dealing with the administrative
> detail: are the LICENSE and NOTICE files in order, have
> we dealt correctly with any third-party IP, are release
> tarballs duly PGP-signed?  This second element is the
> responsibility of the Incubator PMC (including but not
> limited to mentors).
>
> Since we now have repos checked in, we should be considering
> a first release.  Can we start by reviewing the state of
> readiness of the code?  I understand Miracl did a lot of
> the work needed for an Apache release before checking the
> code in, so it should be relatively straightforward?

+1 for making a release. It is good to see how far we are wrt
adopting the Apache Way for this project.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is something with Amdatu and Apache

Luminis Technologies
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ  Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00