Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julian Exenberger <je...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 19:43:48 UTC

-target 1.6 nor supported on MAC OSX

Hi

I'm having this issue with the Maven compiler on JSE6.0 update 2 on
MAC OSX:

javac: invalid target release: 1.6

This works fine on Windows and Ubuntu, and works if I set the target
to 1.5

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Re: -target 1.6 nor supported on MAC OSX

Posted by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com>.
On Oct 10, 2008, at 5:47 PM, Stephen Coy wrote:

> You need to configure JAVA_HOME to point at /System/Library/
> Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home and your PATH to /
> System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/bin.

Or you can run Java Preferences and drag Java SE 6 to the top of the
list.

Trevor

Re: -target 1.6 nor supported on MAC OSX

Posted by Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com>.
Java 6 only works on 64bit Intel Macs (ie Intel Core 2 Duo), and not
by default.

You need to configure JAVA_HOME to point at /System/Library/Frameworks/
JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home and your PATH to /System/Library/
Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home/bin.

Cheers,

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello Julian,

If you have multiple JDK's installed, check your "javac -version" and your
environment variables.

Regards,
Stevo.