Posted to dev@milagro.apache.org by Brian Spector <br...@qredo.com> on 2019/06/27 17:08:00 UTC

[VOTE]Move GitHub, ASF auto-gen emails to issues@ and JIRA auto-gen emails to release-mgmt@

Hi all,

per the discussions we’ve been having we have too many emails flooding
into dev@milagro.apache.org that are generated by git@apache.org, so
much so that it’s overwhelming and hard to have conversations over the
dev channel.

We've had a new issues@milagro.apache.org channel created to capture all
this traffic. I’ve asked infra to change the emails generated by
git@apahce.org and any automated email from the ASF dual-hosted git repo
to go to issues@ but they are insisting we have a vote.

The vote will be open for 24 hours, as it’s a minor issue and active
members covered this already somewhere in the dev channel already.

Please vote for this.

[+1]: Move all auto-gen email to issues@ to keep dev@ clean
[0]: Abstain
[-1]: Continue to suffer

Voting ends roughly 1 days from today, i.e. midnight UTC on 2019-06-29
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?year=2019&month=06&day=29

We are also going to move the JIRA auto generated emails to
release-mgmt@ mail list because we are moving release management process
management solely to JIRA, while we continue to use GitHub issues for
tracking development process. We’ve discussed this as well but, just
for formality, let’s also vote on this and make it official.

[+1]: Move JIRA auto-gen email to release-mgmt@ to keep dev@ clean
[0]: Abstain
[-1]: Continue to suffer

Voting ends roughly 1 days from today, i.e. midnight UTC on 2019-06-29
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?year=2019&month=06&day=29

PLEASE VOTE +1 on BOTH VOTES.

Thanks
Brian

Re: [VOTE]Move GitHub, ASF auto-gen emails to issues@ and JIRA auto-gen emails to release-mgmt@

Posted by Howard Kitto <ho...@qredo.com>.
+1 from me on both

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
+1 ok,

--
Life is a chess game - Anonymous.

Re: [VOTE]Move GitHub, ASF auto-gen emails to issues@ and JIRA auto-gen emails to release-mgmt@

Posted by John McCane-Whitney <jo...@qredo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Stanislav Mihaylov <sm...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me on both

Thanks,
Stan

Posted by Kealan McCusker <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

Posted by Brian Spector <br...@apache.org>.
The vote has now closed. The results are:

Binding Votes:

+4 [TOTAL BINDING +1 VOTES]
 0 [TOTAL BINDING +0/-0 VOTES]
 0 [TOTAL BINDING -1 VOTES]