Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2003/03/03 15:54:27 UTC

Anyone else having issues connecting to CVS on Apache?

$ cvs -z3 -d:ext:bloritsch@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs co avalon-apps
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

I can connect to cvs.apache.org, but I cannot update from Avalon-Apps
or Avalon repositories.

RE: Anyone else having issues connecting to CVS on Apache?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Yes, I have the same problems. But this happens only from time to time.
So if I try it 5 times I can eventually update sometime.

Carsten

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Kurt Schrader wrote:
> > You might want to try it without the '-z3'.
> > I've had problems using compression in the past.
>
> It seems to be working again.

OK, so it looks like the last time I did an upgrade of the OS, while
merging in the system-level config files I updated /etc/hosts.  /etc/hosts
has entries for both 127.0.01 and for ::1, the IPV6 equivalent.  Both were
configured to point to "localhost", so when a query was made for
"localhost", both addresses would be returned in a round-robin fashion.
However, none of the usual apps (cvs, etc) which are bound to 127.0.01
also bind to ::1, since most don't talk IPV6, so about half the time the
connections would fail.  This is why the behavior would appear to be
transient when setting up ssh tunnels.

So, it should be fixed now.

	Brian

Re: Anyone else having issues connecting to CVS on Apache?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@karmalab.org>.
You might want to try it without the '-z3'.
I've had problems using compression in the past.

-Kurt

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.
No, never had.