Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Caswell <st...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/11 18:44:20 UTC

RE: problems with StreamGenerator...

Greetings.  I am having the same problem Joe described below.
Basically, I'm trying to use the StreamGenerator with a stream of XML
(content-type of text/xml).  I've tried the sample code posted by Kinga,
but the web server just takes over the CPU and never responds.

I'm trying this on Cocoon 2.0.1, Tomcat 4.0.1, on Windows XP.  Any help
diagnosing the problem is appreciated.

> Hi,
> the expected contents of the postData is a xml document. You can add
to your
> client application sending POST request the ability to read the
external xml
> document. Find any well formed xml doc and experiment.
> Consider adding to your client:
[snip]

Posted by Steven Caswell <st...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the info.  Will try out the updated class soon.

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Steven Caswell wrote:

> Greetings.  I am having the same problem Joe described below.
> Basically, I'm trying to use the StreamGenerator with a stream of XML
> (content-type of text/xml).  I've tried the sample code posted by
> Kinga, but the web server just takes over the CPU and never responds.
>
> I'm trying this on Cocoon 2.0.1, Tomcat 4.0.1, on Windows XP.  Any
> help diagnosing the problem is appreciated.

There has been a bug in a class which generates a loop under Tomcat 4.x.
It is fixed in the Cocoon CVS. The class in question can be found here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon
/util/PostInputStream.java

Giacomo

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.