Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Vinay Agarwal <Vi...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/22 01:18:15 UTC

Why does LoginWorker.makeLoginUrl use ServletRequest not HttpServletRequest

Hello,

While investigating why does login operation lose track of which ecommerce
category was being displayed before login, I found that the code is using
ServletRequest interface which has less information about the url compared
to HttpServletRequest. If it used HttpServletRequest, it would make this
function much simpler and work correctly even when an ecommerce category is
displayed. Is it just an oversight? If so, I can readily make a patch.

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

P.S. To see the problem I was investigating, go to ecommerce application,
display any catelog category. Then login. The screen returns to ecommerce
after login but the category displayed prior to login is no longer
displayed.