Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2006/04/05 16:41:11 UTC

RE: Slide/Webdav and RDF...

Thanks for the response Max, but I'm still looking for an implementation
example as to how to use RDF with Jakarta Slide.

*How should the data be entered (With examples) that could then be
searched on with DASL searching and, for those that want it, with the
OAI/auto-metadata-searching technology. How should RDF be handled for
namespacing within Jakarta Slide.  I'm referencing
http://www.fedora.info as internally my company has been going back and
forth between Slide and Fedora.info and feature-wise Fedora was winning
:-(

*Sample on how to put together a DASL search on RDF-based metadata.

*Sample user interfaces that can take advantage of auto-property
identity for what values are available for searching (thinking more
generic, not necessarily RDF, but should consider RDF-based metadata as
well as Slide-namespace metadata).  The <queryschema> WebDAV tag is not
implemented as it is indeed optional/in discussion, but there is still
no mechanism to support identifying -what- can be searched on (maybe
just indexed properties?).

*And, for those that are knowledgable about RDF could also supply
optional-implementation for Dublin Core data within Jakarta Slide
(again, impementation/practical approach versus in-theory please).

Just a thought from a user...

-D

Re: Slide/Webdav and RDF...

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
Darren Hartford wrote:
> Thanks for the response Max, but I'm still looking for an implementation
> example as to how to use RDF with Jakarta Slide.
>
> *How should the data be entered (With examples) that could then be
> searched on with DASL searching and, for those that want it, with the
> OAI/auto-metadata-searching technology. How should RDF be handled for
> namespacing within Jakarta Slide.  I'm referencing
> http://www.fedora.info as internally my company has been going back and
> forth between Slide and Fedora.info and feature-wise Fedora was winning
> :-(
>
> *Sample on how to put together a DASL search on RDF-based metadata.
>
> *Sample user interfaces that can take advantage of auto-property
> identity for what values are available for searching (thinking more
> generic, not necessarily RDF, but should consider RDF-based metadata as
> well as Slide-namespace metadata).  The <queryschema> WebDAV tag is not
> implemented as it is indeed optional/in discussion, but there is still
> no mechanism to support identifying -what- can be searched on (maybe
> just indexed properties?).
>
> *And, for those that are knowledgable about RDF could also supply
> optional-implementation for Dublin Core data within Jakarta Slide
> (again, impementation/practical approach versus in-theory please).
>
> Just a thought from a user...

Hi,

from a pure protocol point of view, DASL currently isn't capable of
supporting generic search in RDF (this is simply because in general,
you'll need mixed content when storing RDF in WebDAV properties, yet
DASL's basicsearch doesn't support search in properties like these).

That is, this would require an extension to what DASL currently specifies.

Best regards, Julian