Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Lincoln Atkinson <la...@microsoft.com> on 2015/07/07 19:04:46 UTC

Windows - endless "Dependency-reduced POM written..." in Bagel build

I'm trying to build Spark from source on Windows 8.1, using a recent Cygwin install and JDK 8u45.  From the root of my enlistment, I'm running `build/mvn -Pyarn -Phadoop-2.4 -Dhadoop.version=2.4.0 -DskipTests clean package`

The build moves along just fine for a while, until it builds "Spark Project Bagel 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT".  At this point it gets stuck in a seemingly endless loop, repeating "[INFO] Dependency-reduced POM written at: C:\Users\latkin\Source\Repos\spark\bagel\dependency-reduced-pom.xml".  I let this go on for maybe 30-45 min before killing the build.  The XML file itself appears to have quite a lot of repeated data.

Is this expected, and it will finish eventually? Is there a workaround?  I've shared my full build log and pom XML at https://gist.github.com/latkin/1bdfeb1380d0dced0601

Thanks,
-Lincoln

RE: Windows - endless "Dependency-reduced POM written..." in Bagel build

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.