Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com> on 2004/09/29 01:17:46 UTC

3.0.1 bug squash

I propose we have a bug squash.  Some possible dates:

 - this Thursday
 - next Monday

In general, do people prefer weekends or weekdays?

Also, what times?  Given the various timezones, maybe we should even
make bug-squashes last 24 hours and not be quite as dependent on being
online together as past ones.  :-)

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan                     ApacheCon! 13-17 November (3 SpamAssassin
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/  http://www.apachecon.com/  sessions & more)

Re: 3.0.1 bug squash

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com> writes:

> I agree we need a bug squash, although I was thinking we give 3.0.0 a
> little more time to flush out a few more of the minor details, but
> perhaps we've got enough at this point.

I think we have enough to do a release candidate for a 3.0.1.  :-)

> I've got a huge timesink at the moment which makes it difficult to be
> online at reasonable hours.  I might could do something Thursday
> evening/night.  The weekend, Saturday afternoon into Sunday would also
> work.
>
> I'd be for a 24hr squash.

Heck, let's do a 2 day one this weekend.  I'm sure we all have lives, so
it's not like we'll be on all weekend, but if we focus on closing bugs
as a group, we should be able to knock them all out.

Daniel

Re: 3.0.1 bug squash

Re: 3.0.1 bug squash

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 04:17:46PM -0700, Dan Quinlan wrote:
> I propose we have a bug squash.  Some possible dates:

I sort of went on a bug bender last night...

There are currently 19 bugs in the 3.0.1 queue.
9 are in review state
4 are, from what I can tell, sporadic or otherwise non reproducable for us
which leaves 6

I think we can clean them all up pretty quickly.  It's only been a week since
3.0.0, and none of the bugs are major, so I think a 10/6 or 10/13 goal date
for 3.0.1 is fine.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Should you get killed or injured on the job, you are required to notify