Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sambit <sa...@apple.com> on 2007/06/22 19:29:40 UTC

Re: ActiveMQ, Clustered JBoss and JDBC Master/Slave

Hi Thiago,
  We were also trying to use a similar set up with Jboss and ActiveMQ
Embedded broker. We are facing same issues as you have mentioned. I'm
wondering could you finally able to resolve this and can you suggest what is
the best practice to use ActiveMQ broker, Jboss, MDB for a highly scalable
and performant requirement.

Regards
-Sambit

>>> http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235843/configuration_files.zip

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Why do you need more than one broker BTW? A single broker can happily
load balance messages across a cluster of MDBs. For HA use a pair of
Master/Slave brokers

On 6/22/07, sambit <sa...@apple.com> wrote:

> Hi Thiago,
>   We were also trying to use a similar set up with Jboss and ActiveMQ
> Embedded broker. We are facing same issues as you have mentioned. I'm
> wondering could you finally able to resolve this and can you suggest what is
> the best practice to use ActiveMQ broker, Jboss, MDB for a highly scalable
> and performant requirement.
>
> Regards
> -Sambit
>
> dooart wrote:
> >
> > The other one is identical, except for the brokerName, that is
> > brokderDELL07VM1.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Thiago
> >

> > rajdavies wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Thiago,
> >>
> >> there only seems to be one broker config file - for broker  -
> >> brokerDELL07.
> >> Could you send the other one too please ?
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >>
> >> Rob

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: ActiveMQ, Clustered JBoss and JDBC Master/Slave

Posted by dooart <th...@yahoo.com.br>.
Sambit, we gave up doing it this way. We have tried JBossMQ too, but we faced
very similar persistence issues, so we arrived at the conclusion that JMS
itself was not a very good choice to manage the nodes of a cluster. We've
ended up using JGroups to implement an IP-multicast based cluster manager
and it worked fine.

Sorry for not being able to help. I hope you can find a solution.

Regards,

Thiago