Posted to savan-dev@ws.apache.org by Martin Padrta <ma...@jos-services.com> on 2010/07/26 15:12:14 UTC

Possible bug in AbstractHTTPSender in Axis2 1.5.1

Hi there,

Re: Possible bug in AbstractHTTPSender in Axis2 1.5.1

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Martin Padrta <ma...@jos-services.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>> I've been troubleshooting a weird problem in Axis2 1.5.1. I've build a
>> service, which translates the SOAP Body content between one Web Services
>> endpoint on one side and multiple endpoints on the other. Some of the
>> multiple endpoints require HTTP Authorization and some of them not.
>> The problem was that the authorization header was reused between the
>> endpoints, which stopped some of them working. I've had the
>> MessageContext set correctly the property HTTPConstants.AUTHORIZATION,
>> but it was ignored and once one server used the HTTP authorization
>> header, the same header was used for the others.
>> The workaround is just to force HTTPConstants.CACHED_HTTP_CLIENT=null
>> every time.
>> I believe, that in the AbstractHTTPSender on line 500 the Params need to
>> be first cleared before they get set again.

The problem here is using same http client for many invocations.  I think
now this is fixed in branch. you can try with Axis2 1.5.

thanks,
Amila.

>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Martin

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Possible bug in AbstractHTTPSender in Axis2 1.5.1

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Martin Padrta <ma...@jos-services.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>> I've been troubleshooting a weird problem in Axis2 1.5.1. I've build a
>> service, which translates the SOAP Body content between one Web Services
>> endpoint on one side and multiple endpoints on the other. Some of the
>> multiple endpoints require HTTP Authorization and some of them not.
>> The problem was that the authorization header was reused between the
>> endpoints, which stopped some of them working. I've had the
>> MessageContext set correctly the property HTTPConstants.AUTHORIZATION,
>> but it was ignored and once one server used the HTTP authorization
>> header, the same header was used for the others.
>> The workaround is just to force HTTPConstants.CACHED_HTTP_CLIENT=null
>> every time.
>> I believe, that in the AbstractHTTPSender on line 500 the Params need to
>> be first cleared before they get set again.

The problem here is using same http client for many invocations.  I think
now this is fixed in branch. you can try with Axis2 1.5.

thanks,
Amila.

>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Martin

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Possible bug in AbstractHTTPSender in Axis2 1.5.1

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Martin Padrta <ma...@jos-services.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>> I've been troubleshooting a weird problem in Axis2 1.5.1. I've build a
>> service, which translates the SOAP Body content between one Web Services
>> endpoint on one side and multiple endpoints on the other. Some of the
>> multiple endpoints require HTTP Authorization and some of them not.
>> The problem was that the authorization header was reused between the
>> endpoints, which stopped some of them working. I've had the
>> MessageContext set correctly the property HTTPConstants.AUTHORIZATION,
>> but it was ignored and once one server used the HTTP authorization
>> header, the same header was used for the others.
>> The workaround is just to force HTTPConstants.CACHED_HTTP_CLIENT=null
>> every time.
>> I believe, that in the AbstractHTTPSender on line 500 the Params need to
>> be first cleared before they get set again.

The problem here is using same http client for many invocations.  I think
now this is fixed in branch. you can try with Axis2 1.5.

thanks,
Amila.

>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Martin

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Possible bug in AbstractHTTPSender in Axis2 1.5.1

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Martin Padrta <ma...@jos-services.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>> I've been troubleshooting a weird problem in Axis2 1.5.1. I've build a
>> service, which translates the SOAP Body content between one Web Services
>> endpoint on one side and multiple endpoints on the other. Some of the
>> multiple endpoints require HTTP Authorization and some of them not.
>> The problem was that the authorization header was reused between the
>> endpoints, which stopped some of them working. I've had the
>> MessageContext set correctly the property HTTPConstants.AUTHORIZATION,
>> but it was ignored and once one server used the HTTP authorization
>> header, the same header was used for the others.
>> The workaround is just to force HTTPConstants.CACHED_HTTP_CLIENT=null
>> every time.
>> I believe, that in the AbstractHTTPSender on line 500 the Params need to
>> be first cleared before they get set again.

The problem here is using same http client for many invocations.  I think
now this is fixed in branch. you can try with Axis2 1.5.

thanks,
Amila.

>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Martin

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Possible bug in AbstractHTTPSender in Axis2 1.5.1

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Martin Padrta <ma...@jos-services.com>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>> I've been troubleshooting a weird problem in Axis2 1.5.1. I've build a
>> service, which translates the SOAP Body content between one Web Services
>> endpoint on one side and multiple endpoints on the other. Some of the
>> multiple endpoints require HTTP Authorization and some of them not.
>> The problem was that the authorization header was reused between the
>> endpoints, which stopped some of them working. I've had the
>> MessageContext set correctly the property HTTPConstants.AUTHORIZATION,
>> but it was ignored and once one server used the HTTP authorization
>> header, the same header was used for the others.
>> The workaround is just to force HTTPConstants.CACHED_HTTP_CLIENT=null
>> every time.
>> I believe, that in the AbstractHTTPSender on line 500 the Params need to
>> be first cleared before they get set again.

The problem here is using same http client for many invocations.  I think
now this is fixed in branch. you can try with Axis2 1.5.

thanks,
Amila.

>> Hope it helps,
>>
>> Cheers,