Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Lana Frost <La...@Sun.COM> on 2009/02/24 16:09:20 UTC

Problem granting delete rights to a group

Hi,

I have created a group called "Trusted" and added the following to my
jspwiki.policy file:

grant signedBy "jspwiki",
  principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Group "Trusted" {
    permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*",
"modify,rename,delete";
};

However, the users within the trusted group are still unable to delete
pages.  I have restarted Tomcat, and that doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Can anyone see an error in the grant declaration or is there some other
step that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Lana

Re: Problem granting delete rights to a group

Posted by Lana Frost <La...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks Andrew,

We're still on 2.4 - I haven't had time to do the update yet. Is this
functionality available in the 2.4 release?

(It does appear that the GroupManager is working properly - the
"Trusted" group is displayed on the profile page for the users in the
group.)

Many thanks in advance,
Lana

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.