Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kilmer, Erich" <Er...@mmt.bellhowell.com> on 2001/08/14 18:07:53 UTC

Custom producer question

Currently I am running Cocoon 1 integrated into Orion apps server. I have
run the Cocoon FO samples. Then I converted my own XMLs to PDFs in the
browser via the URL:
http://localhost:8080/samples/fo/mydoc.xml?dummy=mydoc.pdf

Now I am trying to extend the AbstractProducer to add my own producer to
Cocoon 1 running under Orion 1.52. I have written the class and stuck into
Orion. The whole point of this custom Producer is to get the XML file from
the database (where it is stored as a blob). I have also added the new
producer to the Cocoon.properties file:
producer.type.test = com.mycompany.cocoon.TestProducer

So my question is this. How do I invoke this via a URL in the browser?
Something like:
http://localhost:8080/samples/fo/mydoc.xml?dummy=mydoc.pdf&producer=test  or
should I drop the mydoc.xml from the URL?

Thanks for the response!

Erich Kilmer