Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jevan <jp...@jevan1.com> on 2006/11/14 02:14:15 UTC

[users@httpd] index.html.en not loaded when index.html fetched

I've downloaded the latest version of apache. I noticed quite a few
lines removed from "httpd.conf" that are present in earlier versions.

One side effect of this is that when I view the index.html file (in the
apache manual), using apache to view it (ie copy the manual folder to
htdocs), then it doesn't fetch index.html.en -- so the language
functionality isn't working. I'm thinking perhaps there's something
missing in the httpd.conf of the latest version of apache.. what's the
easiest way to fix this?

Thanks,

Jevan.
--
  Jevan Pipitone
  jevan2006@fastmail.fm

Re: [users@httpd] index.html.en not loaded when index.html fetched

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Look at dozens of Include directives that refer to conf/extra/httpd-XXX.conf
and you'll find the matching extra/httpd-XXX.conf for many features that are
now off-by-default.

Just uncomment the corresponding include directive to enable the functionality.