Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Scott Yeadon <sc...@anu.edu.au> on 2006/01/20 06:16:08 UTC

configuring Xerces features in Cocoon

Hi,

Is there a way via cocoon configuration to set Xerces properties and
features? I have a DocBook document which has a DOCTYPE declaration
which I don't want to validate or refer in any way to the DTD. I can do
this by setting
http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd to false
(validation is false by default) in Java but would prefer not to have to
add Java just to set a parser property. I changed the parser in Cocoon
to be Xerces and added the above property as a parameter, but Xerces
seems to ignore this.
i.e.
<xml-parser class="org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.XercesParser" ...
    <parameter name="
http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd"
value="false"/>
</xml-parser>

Scott.

Re: configuring Xerces features in Cocoon

Posted by Scott Yeadon <sc...@anu.edu.au>.
Yes, a local copy is one of the alternatives but I'd rather not have to
hold a copy of all the DTDs I need, seems like unnecessary duplication.
The other thing I can do is make a custom generator so I can access the
parser but that seems a fairly clunky way to get control over the parser
parameters.

Scott.

Posted by Andrew Stevens <at...@hotmail.com>.