Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Alexander S. Sizemin" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/02 11:56:32 UTC

xmldiff module ui

Hello devs,
I need to provide user an opportunity to choose an arbitrary pair of
revisions for diffing.
I've thought about two options how to enable user doing this.
The first one is to create two drop-down lists to choose revision numbers.
The second one - is to create a checkbox in front of each revision record
and allow user to select any two of them
(the list of records looks like one in the "revisions" tab).
Does anyone have any preferences?

Thanks,
Alexander

Re: xmldiff module ui

Posted by Rudolf Korhummel <ru...@korhummel.de>.
Hi Alexander,

Am 02.08.2009 um 11:56 schrieb Alexander S. Sizemin:

> Hello devs,
> I need to provide user an opportunity to choose an arbitrary pair of
> revisions for diffing.
> I've thought about two options how to enable user doing this.
> The first one is to create two drop-down lists to choose revision
> numbers.
> The second one - is to create a checkbox in front of each revision
> record and allow user to select any two of them
> (the list of records looks like one in the "revisions" tab).
> Does anyone have any preferences?

Since the list with checkboxes may become very long, I would prefer
the "two drop-down lists" version.

Best

Rudolf

Re: xmldiff module ui

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Alexander S. Sizemin schrieb:
> Hello devs,
> I need to provide user an opportunity to choose an arbitrary pair of
> revisions for diffing.
> I've thought about two options how to enable user doing this.
> The first one is to create two drop-down lists to choose revision numbers.
> The second one - is to create a checkbox in front of each revision
> record and allow user to select any two of them
> (the list of records looks like one in the "revisions" tab).
> Does anyone have any preferences?

I'd prefer the second option. But I'd recommend using two lists of radio
buttons instead of checkboxes. This is the common practise for Wikis, it
works well and I guess people are used to it. See for instance

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/MeetingBadSaeckingen2009?action=info

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO