Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> on 2020/12/27 13:14:29 UTC

[Security incident] [CI Outage] GitHub Actions from outside of Apache not allowed

The ASF Infra made a sudden change in the GitHub Actions settings this
morning. This was apparently as a response to a security incident. More
info in this thread:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r435c45dfc28ec74e28314aa9db8a216a2b45ff7f27b15932035d3f65%40%3Cbuilds.apache.org%3E

We were not affected by the security problem, because we discussed those
potential attack vectors and we have been following the "pinned hashed"
approach for github actions:
https://docs.github.com/en/free-pro-team@latest/actions/learn-github-actions/security-hardening-for-github-actions#using-third-party-actions

However, change in the policy means that our builds stopped working. I am
working now to bring the actions we use to 'Apache' owned repositories and
switch to those actions now.

Stay tuned.

J,

--
+48 660 796 129

[Security incident] [CI Outage] GitHub Actions from outside of Apache not allowed [SOLVED]

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
Please make sure to rebase to the latest master.

I brought 7 new repositories to apache/airflow-* for now and switched to
those (for now)

The discussions about the new policy continue however, because there are
some gaping holes in the approach we have now, which I pointed at. Feel
free to join discussions there:

Discussion builds@apache.org:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r435c45dfc28ec74e28314aa9db8a216a2b45ff7f27b15932035d3f65%40%3Cbuilds.apache.org%3E
Discussion users@infra.apache.org:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r900f8f9a874006ed8121bdc901a0d1acccbb340882c1f94dad61a5e9%40%3Cusers.infra.apache.org%3E

J.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: [Security incident] [CI Outage] GitHub Actions from outside of Apache not allowed

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

--
+48 660 796 129