Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by arunkjn <ar...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/19 09:10:33 UTC

Stale class on ignite data node

Hi Guys,

I have an application in which I segregate ignite nodes into data and
service nodes.

The data node is responsible for hosting cache and queues. The service nodes
host an ignite service which uses cache defined in data nodes. These nodes
are separated because during my application development lifecycle I want to
redeploy service nodes containing new code with each release but I want to
keep the data nodes the same.

I am experiencing an issue where the data node has a stale version of an
entity class in its classpath and is thus not able to execute a service
method. I have to redeploy the data node with updated class for it to work.
What are the suggested ways of getting around this problem? Should I deploy
data nodes when an entity structure changes? What is the downside to doing
this?

Re: Stale class on ignite data node

Posted by Alexey Kukushkin <ku...@gmail.com>.
Right now the only way to avoid re-deploying entity classes when they
change is using Ignite Binary Object API
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/binary-marshaller#binaryobject-cache-api>
to work with entities.