Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Lou Duchez <lj...@en.com> on 1997/02/22 03:50:01 UTC

mod_cgi/184: Filename in "Content-Disposition" ignored -- script name used instead

>Number:         184
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Filename in "Content-Disposition" ignored -- script name used instead
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I freely admit that I am a novice at CGI scripting, PERL, and higher
level HTML coding.  So it's possible I'm doing something wrong here,
but I cannot find any problem in my code.  I have a PERL script to
send documents to users via "Content-type: application/octet-stream",
with a "Content-disposition: filename=whatever" line immediately
following.  The name that is suggested to the user when the file
is received, is not "whatever", but the name of the script that
created the HTML code.
>How-To-Repeat:
Please examine: http://www.en.com/users/ljduchez/cgi-bin/sendbin.pl,
a generic PERL script to send files to users.  You may call this
PERL script from http://www.en.com/users/ljduchez/sendbin.html; when
the selected file is sent, it will take on the name "sendbin.pl".