Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Tagunov Anthony <at...@nnt.ru> on 2000/12/21 22:34:35 UTC

[C1][contrib][xslt+] new processors, parameters for xslt, non-latin-1 symbols problem solution

Hello, everybody!

We, developing with C1 have implemented plenty of things we find usefull and new would like to
share one of our "enhancments:" to C1 (this all should be, of cource portable to C2)

What this is:

  -- xsltp  processor and taglib
          allow to put/get string parameters to/from a Hashtable assigned as an attribute to the request object
  -- XSLTProcessor patch
          retrives parameters from this Hashtable and passes into the xslt transformation. This allowes one to
          specify additional xsl:params for the future xslt transforms.
   -- additional feature
          a special tag in the processor and taglib   <xsltp:pass-xslt-param name=".." mode="UTF-8"/"windows-1251"/../> allowes
          to get a request parameter, recode it for non-latin-1 cases and LATER USE IN THE XLST TRANSFORM (this was one of the
          greates motives to implement this: when we tried to access request parameters in the xslt transform and the parameters were
          actually encoded in UTF-8 or windows-1251 (cyrillics) we got 'em all wrong. That's why we implemented an extra Hashtable, put
          the corrected values there and made parameters in this Hashtable take precedence over parameters passed as request parameters
A couple of examples is attaced too.

Best regards,

NNT Telecom Russia team
(http://www.mavicanet.com -- non Cocoon project (yet:)