Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/25 07:55:01 UTC

CoreContainer can store the appcontext, host and port of the Solr application

This is a part of requirement for SOLR-561 . It will be a very nice
feature to have the admin console of the master show details of the
slaves also. To do so The master must know about the slaves. The
slaves may be able to register themselves with master but the slaves
do not know the port number and the context in which the app is
deployed.

The CoreContainer can keep this information with itself so any handler
can consume this. Other than the port number everything else is
available at the startup time.The port number can be obtained son
after the first request is served by the slave .

--
--Noble Paul

Re: CoreContainer can store the appcontext, host and port of the Solr application

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
Sure. Henri. I'll raise an issue and we can decide as to where to keep it

Posted by Henrib <hb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <
noble.paul@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a part of requirement for SOLR-561 . It will be a very nice
> feature to have the admin console of the master show details of the
> slaves also. To do so The master must know about the slaves. The
> slaves may be able to register themselves with master but the slaves
> do not know the port number and the context in which the app is
> deployed.

+1

This can also enable cumulative stats for the whole cluster making the
master admin a one-stop shop for all kinds of statistics. We may also be
able to do push based replication instead of poll based with this
information.

Configuring the information of slaves in the master itself is a problem --
slaves can go down and may be replaced without the master knowing anything
about them in current deployment methods. We should also be able to
configure this information in the replication handler's config itself rather
than relying on the first request.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.