Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org> on 2014/11/26 05:18:14 UTC

Re: Advice for recursive delete?

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM, <Ca...@ibs-ag.com> wrote:

> Hi, We just loaded up M19 and the new M26 API.. everything working great
> so far. Thanks!!!
>
> perfect :)

> We're looking to recursively delete entries from an arbitrary point in the
> directory.
> After some testing to users, we want to programmatically reload portions
> of the tree from a known good running instance.
> Before we do this, we must delete everything from below a certain OU,
> including nested OU's  and user entries.
> We have a good solution to reload the system but no elegant way of
> recursively deleting.
>
> see the deleteRecursive() method in ReplicationConsumerImpl[1] this uses
SortControl to delete the entries
without opening multiple cursors.

You can reuse that code after removing all the replication related parts.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk/protocol-ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/replication/consumer/ReplicationConsumerImpl.java

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Advice for recursive delete?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 26/11/14 05:49, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com a écrit :
> Thanks Kiran.. exactly what we needed!

Once upon a time, we had the Cascade Control implemented in the server.
This does exactly what you need : delete recursively all the entries
from a starting point.

We have decomissioned it, but at some point, it would be good to have it
working again.

May be a JIRA could help !

RE: Advice for recursive delete?

Posted by Ca...@ibs-ag.com.