Posted to repository@apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2008/04/01 09:28:39 UTC

artifacts from repository.jboss.com

Hello,

My maven Mojo requires a dependency that is available in
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/ (javassist 3.6.0.GA)

Is it possible to get some artifacts sync from jboss repository to central,
or do I need to create a MAVENUPLOAD for a sync to my personnal upload
directory (people.apache.org:/home/nicolas/rsync-to-central) with a copy of
the artifact ?

Nicolas.

Re: artifacts from repository.jboss.com

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.
I'd like the project artifact to get deployed on central (MAVENUPLOAD-1984).
As it depends on some libs only available at jboss repository, this requires
to add a <repository> element to the POM.
Carlos commented the Jira request for repositories to get removed. This
sounds valid as an artifact  in central should have all it's dependency
available in same repo.

Nicolas.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
I'm not subscribed to that list.

Bye,

Craig

On Apr 1, 2008, at 7:01 PM, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> this thread is in the wrong mailing list, should be in
> repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org
> It's no related to apache repository
>
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Craig L Russell
> <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
>> I don't follow. If it's already in a public repository, can't you
>> point your
>> maven.repo.remote at it?
>>
>> I don't think we should be in the business of grabbing, syncing, or
>> otherwise tampering with other communities' artifacts...
>>
>> Craig
>>

>> On Apr 1, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:
>>

>> If the artifact is on a repo already, why not use that one? I imagine
>> there's a reason jboss' stuff isn't synced to central already… and
>> if not,
>> certainly we would want more than just one artifact.

Craig Russell

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: artifacts from repository.jboss.com

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
I don't follow. If it's already in a public repository, can't you
point your maven.repo.remote at it?

I don't think we should be in the business of grabbing, syncing, or
otherwise tampering with other communities' artifacts...

Craig

On Apr 1, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

> If the artifact is on a repo already, why not use that one? I
> imagine there’s a reason jboss’ stuff isn’t synced to central
> already… and if not, certainly we would want more than just one
> artifact.

Craig Russell

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
You should ask Jason, he said time ago he was going to take care of
the Jboss sync