Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/09/09 17:45:40 UTC

Re: Brainstorm: A new CouchDB tag-line?

I’d like to get this wrapped up and I propose a similar process to what we did for the logo:

1. Have us (marketing@) come up with a few alternative approaches (all addressing WHY, HOW, WHAT, split out in a Slogan (WHY), Mission Statement (HOW) and Description (WHAT) that we can use all over our messaging.

2. Put the candidates to a vote here on marketing@, the top 5-10 (if we get that many) then go to a vote on dev@

3. From the vote result on dev@, the PMC then makes a decision on the final set.

It’d be great if we get this rounded up by ApacheCon EU (that’s Sept 28), and because of that, I propose the following schedule:

marketing@ vote on Sept 15 (next Tuesday), gives us just under a week to drum up a few alternatives

dev@ vote on Sept 18 right after the marketing@ vote closes. There is no more discussion at this point, this is an automatic procedure.

PMC starts deciding from Sept 21, right after the dev@ vote and we’ll try to get this wrapped by Sept 25, so we have a few days to spare, and time to prepare materials for the 28th.

All aboard?

Best
Jan

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Sorry for the delay, the vote goes out momentarily.

Best
Jan

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.