Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> on 2004/09/09 01:36:15 UTC

[Patch mp2] ModPerl::Util::unload_package()

After not getting substancial noise back from p5p, I've finalized my prototypical
package unloading code into a lean XS implementation.

Attached is once again a patch that gets rid of the clear_symtab() approach and
goes for the stash wiping method (added complication from dealing with DynaLoaded
modules).

This approach might have problems, but it's certainly a better approach than the
current one. So unless there is anything terribly wrong with this, I'd like to
see it go in. If problems show up in the future, I'll address them.

Thoughts ?

Re: [Patch mp2] ModPerl::Util::unload_package()

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> After not getting substancial noise back from p5p, I've finalized my
> prototypical
> package unloading code into a lean XS implementation.
>
> Attached is once again a patch that gets rid of the clear_symtab()
> approach and
> goes for the stash wiping method (added complication from dealing with
> DynaLoaded
> modules).
>
> This approach might have problems, but it's certainly a better approach
> than the
> current one. So unless there is anything terribly wrong with this, I'd
> like to
> see it go in. If problems show up in the future, I'll address them.
>
> Thoughts ?

+1, as we have no feedback from p5p we won't know if there are any
problems if we don't try it.

Please document the new unload_package function too. Thanks.