Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Joseph C. Trubisz" <jt...@medmeme.com> on 2012/11/27 21:07:02 UTC

Bulk Indexing Question

Greetings…

I’m new to Solr, so this might be a real amateur question.

When I curl a file to be indexed (in this case, as CSV), how do I know which index it’s going to, if I have multiple indexes currently being managed by Solr? For example, I have indexes for drug, company, author, abstract and I want to CSV load to drug, but can’t seem to figure out how to specifically target the curl to drug.

Can you point me to the correct solution?
Thanks

[cid:image001.gif@01CDCCAF.FAE7A2C0]

Joe Trubisz, CTO
224 W. 35th St. Ste 600
New York, NY 10001
jtrubisz@medmeme.com<ma...@medmeme.com>
516-729-7559 (Direct)

Re: Bulk Indexing Question

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 11/27/2012 1:07 PM, Joseph C. Trubisz wrote:
> When I curl a file to be indexed (in this case, as CSV), how do I know
> which index it’s going to, if I have multiple indexes currently being
> managed by Solr? For example, I have indexes for drug, company,
> author, abstract and I want to CSV load to drug, but can’t seem to
> figure out how to specifically target the curl to drug.

I would imagine that you are either using separate cores for each
index.  The URL that you are using with curl should have the core name
or collection name in it somewhere.  For instance, the base URL for a
core named drug is:

http://server:port/solr/drug/

If you are using collections under SolrCloud, this may be different, but
I would imagine the URL still has to include the collection name
somewhere.  I have no experience with SolrCloud.

Thanks,
Shawn