Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by kag1526 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/11 14:13:30 UTC

Customizing treeTable.

I am using a tree table to display data from a database, however some of the
rows in the tree table needs to have multiple values that I would like to be
displayed in the same cell on multiple lines like:

Name               |     ABC
________________________________
Variant names   |     ABC corp
                      |     ABC corporation
________________________________

To do this I extended PropertyRenderableColumn to make a PropertyMultiLine
column that simply has a MultiLineLabel instead of a plain label and set the
overflow to scroll so that the cell will scroll if the list is really long.
This causes the correct data to be displayed in the fields however the row
height doesn't expand so in IE you will only see the first company and then
have a tiny scroll bar to see the others, and in firefox it adds an extra
new line to the beginning and end of the list so all I see is the very top
of the letters (I also don't get the scroll bars but I'll deal with that
later)

To extend the table row I tried changing the css height value of div.row and
of div.a_ but neither worked, from the html the structure of the table seems
to be:

   <!-- header stuff here that works fine -->

                                   <wicket:panel _moz-userdefined="">
</wicket:panel>

                    <!-- more cells here -->

Any other ideas on how I might get the row height larger?

Re: Customizing treeTable.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

with current layout it is not possible for the TreeTable to have
variable row height.

-Matej