Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk> on 2008/10/11 11:48:22 UTC

BeanProcessor - wrapping throwable why?

Hi

The process() method in BeanProcessor has try .. catch that catches Throwable and rethrows it as Exception.

This is wrong as java.lang.Error shouldn't really be caught / hidden.

I do think the catches should be removed and just let the original exception being thrown.

Any thoughts?

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

Re: BeanProcessor - wrapping throwable why?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Claus,

I don't see any reason to catch/wrap/rethrow a plain Exception/Throwable
at that point either.
+1 on removing the catch clauses for Exception & Throwable

Gert