Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2012/01/01 21:12:08 UTC

[WWW] Folder Level Navigation Bar Improvements

This is a heads up on plans for implementing improvements to the website navigation bars.

The websites - both the podling and ooo-site will be enhanced to allow top, left side and right side navigation bars at the folder level. Here are three directions this effort can go.

(1) Adding a left (or right) side navigation to the api focus area. I'll discuss this in more detail below.

(2) NLC project overrides to top navigation. The Swedish site is a good first candidate as there is trouble with it - http://www.openoffice.org/sv/

(3) Reorganizing the podling site. It would be good to add current API docs and start thinking about a larger organization.

All of the Kenai projects on the legacy had side navigation. This can be recovered by altering your hosts file. I've examined this for API. Several of the urls were already problematic. Here is an annotated version of leftsidenav.mdtext (likely - templates/api/leftsidenav.mdtext)

? These pages are out of date.
> These pages were missing.

# Developer's Guide

  - [Content Table](http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide)
  - [IDL reference](http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/module-ix.html)
> - [IDL Design Guide](http://www.openoffice.org/api/DevelopersGuide/Appendix/IDLDesignGuide/IDLDesignGuide.xhtml)
> - [IDL Docu Guide](http://www.openoffice.org/api/DevelopersGuide/Appendix/IDLDocumentationGuide/IDLDocumentationGuide.xhtml)

# API

? - [Module structure](http://www.openoffice.org/api/modules.html)

# SDK

  - [Examples](http://www.openoffice.org/api/SDK/example_collection.html)
  - [Java UNO Reference](http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/java/ref/overview-summary.html)
  - [C++ UNO Reference](http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/cpp/ref/names/index.html)
  - [Download](http://www.openoffice.org/download/sdk/)

# Tips 'n' Tricks

  - [FAQ](/api/faq.html)
  - [Internal OO Spots](http://www.openoffice.org/api/TipsAndTricks/internal.html)
  - [External Resources](http://www.openoffice.org/api/TipsAndTricks/external.html)

# Miscellaneous

  - [Developer Projects](http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/API/To-Dos)
> - [News Letter Archive](http://www.openoffice.org/api/NewsLetter/)

Let me know what changes to make to this list. Feel free to update ooo-site.

Regards,
Dave

Re: [WWW] Folder Level Navigation Bar Improvements

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:

> HI -
>
> The API section www.openoffice.org/api/ now has leftnav elements from
> templates/api/leftnav.mdtext
>
> Skeleton.html worked with this formulation:
>
> {% if leftnav.content %}<div id="leftnav">{% block leftnav %}{{
> leftnav.content|markdown }}{% endblock %}</div>{% endif %}
>
> I reduced the height of the banner from 150 to 105 pixels. On a narrow
> browser window the breadcrumbs are moved below the topbar instead of the
> topnav elements. Most of the search box css was moved out of the skeleton.
>
> Last night I did a massive svn commit in the cms and hope to avoid another
> large change to the skeleton for some time.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Looks good! Thanks...

> On Jan 1, 2012, at 1:18 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
> > LGTM.
> >

> >> ________________________________

MzK

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends
 with strange cats."
                                                  -- *Colonial American
proverb*

Re: [WWW] Folder Level Navigation Bar Improvements

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
HI -

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
LGTM.