Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/09/01 10:58:19 UTC

Re: [lefo] [WAS: Re: Skins in Lenya]

[copied to the Forrest dev list for information, there is nothing new in
here for Forrest devs, but a decision has been made that affects Forrest
so I'm copying this "end of discussion" type mail]

Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> Why forrest and not lenya?
>>

>> because it's a Forrest pub, right?
>

> +1
>
> IIUC:
>
> Forrest is using the Lenya framework to build a publication.
> The scope / functionality etc. of the publication is the matter of
> the Forrest community. If problems occur or help is needed, questions
> should be asked on the Lenya lists.
>
> But maybe I didn't get everything?

You get everything for this first stage. Our first usage will be to
create a publication that uses Forrest to publish the Lenya docs. They
will not be tightly integrated, instead, they will communication through
the http: or cocoon: protocols. Lenya will, at this stage, benefit from
Forrests output plugins.

We [Forrest] will use this for our own experiments with creating Doco
and (part of) Site-Builder [1]. When we stop experimenting and start
working we will need to work work closely with the Lenya folk to make a
tighter integration and leverage the power of our input plugins as well.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/site-build/summary.html

Ross