Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/10 16:10:10 UTC

[NOTICE / DISCUSS] migrating Git repositories to gitbox.apache.org

Hi Folks,

Per the below mail sent by the ASF Infrastructure team (to dev@), our Git
repositories will be migrated from the original/old git-wip-us service on to
the newer gitbox.apache.org service by February 7th.

This is definitely happening, but we have some say over when/how it does:
1. Document consensus on list and voluntarily request to move by Jan 9th.
2. Wait for mandated move between Jan 9th and Feb 6th, coordinate with infra
   to proceed once it has been.
3. Do nothing, ignore the mandate, and be forcibly moved on Feb 7th.

I'm in favour of volunteering and doing it sooner than later, so to
that end here is my lazy consensus statement:

Unless there is discussion here resulting in decision to delay, I will
raise the migration request JIRA with Infra on Thursday 13th Dec,
hopefully allowing completion of the process by the end of this week
if they have bandwidth to do so.

Robbie

Re: [NOTICE / DISCUSS] migrating Git repositories to gitbox.apache.org

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I noticed just now that the GitHub PR integration behaviour had
changed since the migration, with comments not being left on the JIRA
for PR open/close/comments etc, but rather 10minute time-spent entries
made to the Work Log instead to carry activity from the PR. I asked
infra about it and theyve updated the settings to use the comments as
before. I found the Work Log version surprising and not as nice, but
if anyone is particularly fond of the alternative method we can
discuss moving to it separately on a new thread.

Robbie

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.
Never mind, comment on the migration Jira says that the link redirect will
be taken care of! Awesome.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 5:10 PM Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>
[...]

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.
Never mind, comment on the migration Jira says that the link redirect will
be taken care of! Awesome.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 5:10 PM Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>
[...]

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1 for early migration.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Robbie,

Posted by Chris Richardson <ch...@apache.org>.
+1 from me for early migration too, albeit from my not-so-lofty status as a
very occasional committer :)

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1 to migrate asap.

-Chuck

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 14/12/18 13:11, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I have pushed updates to the migrated repos to update various
> links/metadata to the new gitbox URLs, and have updated the existing
> website content and the scripts etc for generating new release
> content. I think that mostly completes things. Things seem to be
> working well, but let me know of any issues.

Thanks Robbie, all your hard for work for the project is really appreciated!

Re: [NOTICE / DISCUSS] migrating Git repositories to gitbox.apache.org

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Richardson <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 10/12/18 16:12, Steve Huston wrote:
> +1 - thanks for engaging this, Robbie.

+1 on all points!

RE: [NOTICE / DISCUSS] migrating Git repositories to gitbox.apache.org

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 17:10, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Per the below mail sent by the ASF Infrastructure team (to dev@), our Git
> repositories will be migrated from the original/old git-wip-us service on
> the newer gitbox.apache.org service by February 7th.
>
> This is definitely happening, but we have some say over when/how it does:
> 1. Document consensus on list and voluntarily request to move by Jan 9th.
> 2. Wait for mandated move between Jan 9th and Feb 6th, coordinate with
> infra
>    to proceed once it has been.
> 3. Do nothing, ignore the mandate, and be forcibly moved on Feb 7th.
>
> I'm in favour of volunteering and doing it sooner than later, so to
> that end here is my lazy consensus statement:
>
> Unless there is discussion here resulting in decision to delay, I will
> raise the migration request JIRA with Infra on Thursday 13th Dec,
> hopefully allowing completion of the process by the end of this week
> if they have bandwidth to do so.
>
> Robbie

Not that it is required for a lazy consensus, but I am +1 on "sooner" :)

-- Rob

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1 to migrate asap.

-Chuck

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 11:10 AM Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Per the below mail sent by the ASF Infrastructure team (to dev@), our Git
> repositories will be migrated from the original/old git-wip-us service on
> the newer gitbox.apache.org service by February 7th.
>
> This is definitely happening, but we have some say over when/how it does:
> 1. Document consensus on list and voluntarily request to move by Jan 9th.
> 2. Wait for mandated move between Jan 9th and Feb 6th, coordinate with
> infra
>    to proceed once it has been.
> 3. Do nothing, ignore the mandate, and be forcibly moved on Feb 7th.
>
> I'm in favour of volunteering and doing it sooner than later, so to
> that end here is my lazy consensus statement:
>
> Unless there is discussion here resulting in decision to delay, I will
> raise the migration request JIRA with Infra on Thursday 13th Dec,
> hopefully allowing completion of the process by the end of this week
> if they have bandwidth to do so.

I'm so lazy I can't even work up the strength to hit "Reply", type +1, then
hit "Send"...

-K

RE: [NOTICE / DISCUSS] migrating Git repositories to gitbox.apache.org

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.