Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Devon Ziegler <de...@channelogics.com> on 2001/04/25 20:21:25 UTC

Interrupting Task Upon Disconnect

We're using Tomcat 3.21 with servlets.

I'm wondering if there is a way to notice when a browser "disconnects" from
the current request so that my application can stop attempting to formulate
it's response.  We currently have some reports that take quite a bit of
time/resources to complete.  If several users abort their queries (or heaven
forbid re-submit them several times) the threads pile up while they try to
complete requests when there's no one waiting for the response.  How can I
avoid this?  Thanks.  -Devon

---
Devon C. Ziegler
devon.ziegler@channelogics.com