Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "oliver.henlich" <sp...@mangospice.com> on 2007/08/20 23:51:07 UTC

Question about using UploadWebRequest

The javadoc on
org.apache.wicket.extensions.ajax.markup.html.form.upload.UploadWebRequest
explains how to install it (Note: javadoc has problems with it...maybe the @
symbol?).

class MyApplication extends WebApplication {
  @Override
  protected WebRequest newWebRequest(HttpServletRequest servletRequest) {
     return new UploadWebRequest(servletRequest);
  }
}

Does this not mean that _all_ requests handled by this application will be
using UploadWebRequests?

If so, is this fine? Is this how everyone does it? Overheads?

Cheers
Oli

Re: Question about using UploadWebRequest

Posted by Oliver Henlich <ol...@mangospice.com>.
Al Maw wrote:
> oliver.henlich wrote:
>> The javadoc on
>> org.apache.wicket.extensions.ajax.markup.html.form.upload.UploadWebRequest
>>
>> explains how to install it (Note: javadoc has problems with
>> it...maybe the @
>> symbol?).
>>
>> class MyApplication extends WebApplication {
>>   @Override
>>   protected WebRequest newWebRequest(HttpServletRequest
>> servletRequest) {
>>      return new UploadWebRequest(servletRequest);
>>   }
>> }
>>

>> Does this not mean that _all_ requests handled by this application
>> will be
>> using UploadWebRequests?
>>
>> If so, is this fine? Is this how everyone does it? Overheads?
>
> Yes, this is fine.
>
> The only reason you need to set this up and we haven't baked it into
> the core standard set-up is that the AJAX progress bar stuff is in
> Wicket-extensions. IMO, maybe it's time to move that to core.
>
> Regards,
>
> Al
Ah ok thanks. I was just worried that there would some extra overhead
for all normal requests.
Cheers
Oliver

Re: Question about using UploadWebRequest

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.