Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ml...@mherrn.de on 2004/07/10 23:26:57 UTC

maven eats up all memory

Hi,

I am trying to use maven under Debian sid. I downloaded maven-1.0-rc4, set
MAVEN_HOME and appended $MAVEN_HOME/bin to the PATH.
Now when I try to start maven it start lots of new maven processes that
use up all my CPU time and all available memory.
What can this be?

Marco

Re: maven eats up all memory

Posted by ml...@mherrn.de.
> Hi,
>
> I've got the same problem (using W2k). It seems to be caused by Jelly:
> it has tags for opening files, but not for closing, and
> org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.util.FileTag.java doesn't check, if the
> variable to be assigned already contains a file to be closed. So files
> may stay open up to finishing Maven.

Well, it seems in my case it  was only my fault. I wrote a script to set the
environtment variables:

#!/bin/bash
export MAVEN_HOME=/opt/maven
export PATH=$PATH:$MAVEN_HOME/bin
maven "$@"

That seems to be wrong. I don't know why, but this starts the processes.
When doing this without the script it works fine.
The problem was that I forgot to deactivate the script for further testing
and so thought, that even a call to maven directly would lead to the same.

Marco

Re: maven eats up all memory

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <Pe...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I've got the same problem (using W2k). It seems to be caused by Jelly:
it has tags for opening files, but not for closing, and
org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.util.FileTag.java doesn't check, if the
variable to be assigned already contains a file to be closed. So files
may stay open up to finishing Maven.

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld

Re: maven eats up all memory