Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by David Laube <da...@stormpath.com> on 2014/01/28 23:41:38 UTC

Duplex networkConnector with SSL based failover transport on ActiveMQ 5.9.0.

Hi All,

We are attempting to use a duplex networkConnector on a cluster that needs to "talk" to another cluster within the same network. Ideally, we would like to encrypt the traffic between the two clusters, all while maintaining HA by use of the failover transport. We have attempted to accomplish this by defining the following config entry:

<networkConnector name="environment-amq-broker-public-1" duplex="true" uri="static:(failover://(ssl://BROKER_MASTER_IP_HERE:61617,ssl://BROKER_SLAVE_IP_HERE:61617)?randomize=false&amp;timeout=15000)"

Is this functionality supported within ActiveMQ 5.9.0? Or does anyone spot any glaring issues with the config above?

Best regards,
-David Laube

Re: Duplex networkConnector with SSL based failover transport on ActiveMQ 5.9.0.

Posted by dlaube <dl...@gmail.com>.
Looks like the move the masterslave instead of static + removing the failover
transport did the trick --thanks!

We ended up using the following;
<networkConnector name="staging-amq-broker-public-1" duplex="true"
uri="masterslave:(ssl://BROKER_MASTER_IP_HERE:61617,ssl://BROKER_SLAVE_IP_HERE:61617)?randomize=false&amp;timeout=15000"

Thanks again,

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
correction, masterSlave: in place of static:

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Duplex networkConnector with SSL based failover transport on ActiveMQ 5.9.0.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com