Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by makl <ma...@tigris.org> on 2004/03/17 07:04:13 UTC

[BUG] svn up may delete directories copied from the repository

$ svn --version
svn, version 1.0.0
    compiled Feb 25 2004, 18:32:49
[...]

$ svnadmin create --bdb-txn-nosync repo
$ svn mkdir -m "r1" file:///g:/repos/repo/dir1
$ svn mkdir -m "r2" file:///g:/repos/repo/dir2
$ svn co file:///g:/repos/repo wc1
$ svn delete wc1/dir1
$ svn delete wc1/dir2
$ svn ci -m "r3" wc1
$ svn cp -r2 file:///g:/repos/repo/dir2 wc1/dir1

$ svn up wc1
At revision 3.

# Ok

$ svn up wc1/dir1
D  wc1\dir1
Updated to revision 3.

# Not good

Re: [BUG] svn up may delete directories copied from the repository

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
"Steve Williams" <st...@kromestudios.com> writes:

>> $ svnadmin create --bdb-txn-nosync repo
>> $ svn mkdir -m "r1" file:///g:/repos/repo/dir1
>> $ svn mkdir -m "r2" file:///g:/repos/repo/dir2
>> $ svn co file:///g:/repos/repo wc1
>> $ svn delete wc1/dir1
>> $ svn delete wc1/dir2
>> $ svn ci -m "r3" wc1
>> $ svn cp -r2 file:///g:/repos/repo/dir2 wc1/dir1
>>
>> $ svn up wc1
>> At revision 3.
>>
>> # Ok
>>
>> $ svn up wc1/dir1
>> D  wc1\dir1
>> Updated to revision 3.
>>
>> # Not good
>
> Why is that not good?  Isn't that what you should expect?  You are updating
> your working copy to -rHEAD in which wc1/dir1 has been deleted, so svn is
> synchronizing your working copy with -rHEAD by deleting wc1/dir1.

That's definitely a bug.  I see you are using two directories dir1 and
dir2, if you try to do it using just one directory the copy fails.
That's another bug.

--
Philip Martin

Re: [BUG] svn up may delete directories copied from the repository

Posted by makl <ma...@tigris.org>.
Steve Williams wrote:

> Why is that not good?  Isn't that what you should expect?  You are updating
> your working copy to -rHEAD in which wc1/dir1 has been deleted, so svn is
> synchronizing your working copy with -rHEAD by deleting wc1/dir1.

Since I have *added* a directory from the repository. Did you expect
that update deletes added directories if they share the name of a
deleted entry in the repository?

Re: [BUG] svn up may delete directories copied from the repository

Posted by Steve Williams <st...@kromestudios.com>.
> $ svnadmin create --bdb-txn-nosync repo
> $ svn mkdir -m "r1" file:///g:/repos/repo/dir1
> $ svn mkdir -m "r2" file:///g:/repos/repo/dir2
> $ svn co file:///g:/repos/repo wc1
> $ svn delete wc1/dir1
> $ svn delete wc1/dir2
> $ svn ci -m "r3" wc1
> $ svn cp -r2 file:///g:/repos/repo/dir2 wc1/dir1
>
> $ svn up wc1
> At revision 3.
>
> # Ok
>
> $ svn up wc1/dir1
> D  wc1\dir1
> Updated to revision 3.
>
> # Not good

Why is that not good?  Isn't that what you should expect?  You are updating
your working copy to -rHEAD in which wc1/dir1 has been deleted, so svn is
synchronizing your working copy with -rHEAD by deleting wc1/dir1.

Sly