Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Sailaja Polavarapu <sp...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/02/23 01:34:36 UTC

Prep for ranger-1.0.0 release

Rangers:
As we are planning to do a release of ranger 1.0.0 soon (tentatively 3/15/2018), I would like to create a branch ranger-1.0.0 for stabilizing the release. All of the fixes should go into the master which will track for our next major release and if needed will get cherry-picked into ranger-1.0.0 release.

I am volunteering to be the release manager for ranger 1.0.0 release. Based on the discussion, current plan is to make the ranger 1.0.0 release with Hadoop 2.7.x (not Hadoop 3) and Atlas 0.8.2 as dependencies.

Please let me know if any of you have any concerns and/or suggestions on the release process.

Thanks,
Sailaja.

Re: Prep for ranger-1.0.0 release

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
+1

Sailaja thanks for taking the initiative.

Regards
Bosco

On 2/22/18, 8:19 PM, "Mehul Parikh" <xs...@gmail.com> wrote:

    +1 for Ranger 1.0.0 release.

    --

    Thanks and regards,
    Mehul Parikh

Re: Prep for ranger-1.0.0 release

Posted by Mehul Parikh <xs...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Ranger 1.0.0 release.

--

Thanks and regards,
Mehul Parikh

Re: Prep for ranger-1.0.0 release

Posted by Abhay Kulkarni <ak...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for Ranger 1.0.0 release.

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 for Ranger 1.0.0 release.

Posted by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Qiang Zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for the ranger 1.0.0 release.

Thanks,
Ramesh

Posted by Sailaja Polavarapu <sp...@hortonworks.com>.
Rangers:
 As we are coming close to releasing ranger-1.0.0, we want to control the commits to ranger-1.0 branch. Currently only two JIRAs are open for this release (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-1995 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-1948). As soon as the fix for RANGER-1948 is checked in, we will prepare the sources for release and voting.
Please let me know if you have any concerns/comments.

Thanks,
Sailaja.

On 2/28/18, 2:21 AM, "Colm O hEigeartaigh" <co...@apache.org> wrote:

    Thanks, please update the version on master to 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT as well when
    you get a chance to avoid confusion.

    Colm.

    --
    Colm O hEigeartaigh