Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Stuart Barlow <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/11 13:18:12 UTC

Open Recent Bug?

Hi all,

I see unusual behaviour when opening tests via the JMeter GUI. Just wanted
to check if it's a known issue or if you agree it is a bug.

I often run multiple instances of the GUI on the same machine when
executing smoke screen tests after a fresh deployment of the application
I'm testing.

If I open JMeter instances A and B and load tests A and B in that order.
Then go to JMeter instance A and open the first entry from the Open Recent
list. The first entry says 'Test A' but what appears in the GUI is actually
Test B.

I'm using version 4.0.

Regards,

Stuart

Re: Open Recent Bug?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
This is due to preferences management.
Since you use different instances, the last one updates them for others but
others are not aware.

I don't know if it should be considered as a bug ?
In order to fix it we should have a way to identify every JMeter instance
(by its home ?) and set this as a key prefix in preferences.

Open a bugzilla anyway, we'll see.

Regards

--
Cordialement.