Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2004/03/15 16:30:18 UTC

Re: [proposal] Modification of tag to support lifecycle interception points

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 07:54, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi committers,
>
> On our project, we need some finer control of what happens during the
> lifecycle of the reactor tag. We are about to make some change to it. Of
> course, we'd like to commit back these changes. I'm just testing the
> waters here to see if you'd be happy with those changes.
>
> We are proposing to support the following usage:
>
> <reactor [...]>
>   <beforeProject>[...]</beforeProject>
>   <onFailure exceptionVar="exception">[...]</onFailure>
>   <afterProject>[...]</afterProject>
> </reactor>
>
> The <beforeProject>, <onFailure> and <afterProject> tags are optional of
> course and allow implementing some custom logic using Jelly. The nested
> logic will be executed in the project's context and thus the usual
> ${pom} and other properties are available.
>
> Ok to commit this when we have it working?

+1

You are going to commit it to HEAD I assume? We're just in the middle of
playing around with the rc2 release atm.

> Thanks
> -Vincent

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Re: [proposal] Modification of tag to support lifecycleinterception points

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
> On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 07:54, Vincent Massol wrote:
> > Hi committers,
> >
> > On our project, we need some finer control of what happens during the
> > lifecycle of the reactor tag. We are about to make some change to it. Of
> > course, we'd like to commit back these changes. I'm just testing the
> > waters here to see if you'd be happy with those changes.
> >
> > We are proposing to support the following usage:
> >
> > <reactor [...]>
> >   <beforeProject>[...]</beforeProject>
> >   <onFailure exceptionVar="exception">[...]</onFailure>
> >   <afterProject>[...]</afterProject>
> > </reactor>
> >
> > The <beforeProject>, <onFailure> and <afterProject> tags are optional of
> > course and allow implementing some custom logic using Jelly. The nested
> > logic will be executed in the project's context and thus the usual
> > ${pom} and other properties are available.
> >
> > Ok to commit this when we have it working?
>
> +1

+1 too, after rc2 release.