Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kaustubhkane <ka...@tcs.com> on 2016/07/19 08:56:33 UTC

Unmarshal fixed lenght Binary data format using Bindy

Hi,

I have a fixed length Binary data in Bit pack format.

Can I use the Bindy DataFormat to unmarshal the binary data?

I looked at the details of the Bindy DataFormat. It provides the ability
where using the Annotations the user can map the data model to POJO.

This way user has to only define the data model in form of Annotations and
Bindy Data Format in Apache Camel will unmarshal the data from file into the
Object form.

Thus wanted to know if Bindy DataFormat can be used to unmarshal the binary
data

If not Bindy then which DataFormat can I use to unmarshal the binary data
where I will only need to define the data model and Camel will unmarshal the
data from file to Object.

Regards,
Kaustubh Kane

Re: Unmarshal fixed lenght Binary data format using Bindy

Posted by Antoine DESSAIGNE <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

I'm not sure to understand which format your data is encoded. Any
dataformat will read data from a binary format, you need to pick the one
that match your format.

If you have a fixed-length format with like "4 digit for the ID, then 12
character for the name, then..." you can use :
* http://camel.apache.org/bindy.html
* http://camel.apache.org/beanio.html
* http://camel.apache.org/flatpack-dataformat.html
* http://camel.apache.org/univocity-parsers-formats.html

You should pick the one that your the most comfortable with.

Antoine.