Posted to user@hive.apache.org by gwenael le barzic <gl...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/23 09:26:37 UTC

Poor Hive 3.1.0 performance

Hello.

I send you this mail because I migrated my cluster recently to HDP 3.1.4.
(hive 3.1.0)

I experience very slow queries when I perform ALTER DATABASE <mydb> SET
LOCATION '<mynewlocation>'.

When I check the logs of hiveserver2, I can see that the compiling step of
the query takes a looot of time (around 8 minuts).

I checked my database hive (postgresql) to see if there is any problem
there.

I was wondering if anyone has already seen this kind of slowness in hive
3.1.0 ?

Best regards.

Re: Poor Hive 3.1.0 performance

Posted by Sharath Punreddy <sr...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Sincerely,
Sharath Punreddy
Email: srpunreddy@gmail.com
Phone: 626-470-7867

Posted by gwenael le barzic <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys.

Analyzing the jstack, I found that the ALTER DATABASE SET LOCATION performs
a check on all the folders inside the database folder in HDFS.
And I have some databases with some tables with a loooot of partitions ;-).
So nothing abnormal here.

Best regards.