Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Vesa Pekkarinen <ve...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/22 13:59:36 UTC

org.apache.aries.util-1.1.1.jar reported as Trojan by Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection

Hi,

Has anyone else had problems with org.apache.aries.util-1.1.1.jar being
reported as Trojan by Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection?

We're using Apache Karaf 4.0.8 currently, and few days ago we started
getting warnings from several servers about:
system/org/apache/aries/org.apache.aries.util/1.1.1/org.apache.
aries.util-1.1.1.jar

This leads into jar being removed and a naturally to a missing requirement
when Karaf is started.

The finding is reported as: Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-
encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fVigorf.A&threatid=2147714384&
enterprise=1

Our IT has already submitted this finding to Microsoft but I just wanted to
bring this up here also if anyone else wants or needs to take action.

Regards,
Vesa