Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ricky <ri...@virtual-map.com> on 2004/06/05 12:23:34 UTC

mod_jk2 connector

Hi All,

I have difficulty to make mod_jk2 connector to work. :-(

I try to use Unix Channel from this tutorial :
http://cymulacrum.net/writings/tomcat5/c840.html

The problems are:

-          Can not generated jk2.shm & jk2.socket

-          Error in Catalina.out

INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/lib/apache2/jkjni.so:
/usr/lib/apache2/jkjni.so: undefined symbol: apr_md5_final

Here are my configurations:

Jk2.properties

handler.list=apr,request,channelUnix

channelUnix.file=/var/cache/tomcat5/work/jk2.socket

serverRoot=/etc/httpd/2.0

apr.NativeSo=/etc/httpd/2.0/modules/jkjni.so

workers2.properties

[shm]

info=Scoreboard. Requried for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers.

file=/usr/share/tomcat5/logs/jk2.shm

size=1048576

debug=0

disabled=0

 [channel.un:/usr/share/tomcat5/work/jk2.socket]

tomcatId=localhost:8009

debug=0

 [ajp13:/var/cache/tomcat5/work/jk2.socket]

channel=channel.un:/usr/share/tomcat5/work/jk2.socket

 [uri:/jkstatus/*]

group=status:status

[status:status]

info=Status worker, displays runtime information

[uri:/examples/*]

[uri:/MyFirst/*]

[uri:/jkstatus/*]

info=The Tomcat /jkstatus handler

group=status:

[uri:/ROOT/*]

[uri:/tomcat-docs/*]

[uri:/manager/*]

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Ricky Ign

Virtual Map (www.virtual-map.com)

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:

This email and any attachment herein contains strictly confidential information. The same are intended only for the named Recipient(s) as above mentioned . In the event you are not named as a Recipient, we ask that you inform us of this immediately. Do not disseminate anything herein and please delete this message and any attachment in its entirety from any system you may have control over.

UTF-8

Posted by Eberhard Iglhaut <ma...@iglhaut.com>.
Hi all,

I have problems using UTF-8 (Tomcat serves files as ISO-8859-1 ignoring
http-equiv="content-type" meta information).

Where should I look for information on how to configure Tomcat to work
with UTF-8?

Ebe

RE: mod_jk2 connector

Posted by Ricky <ri...@virtual-map.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for replay.

I already comment all and the error disappear from Catalina.out
But still can not integrated apache 2 with tomcat 5.

Any ideas why?

Are there any other ways to connect tomcat 5 with apache 2?

Best Regards,

Ricky

Try commenting everything out in jk2.props, should get you connector
working even if the jni stuff takes more work afterwards.

Mark

Re: mod_jk2 connector

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@boxstuff.com>.