Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Derek R <dr...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/18 03:33:00 UTC

Access Token Request Using POST

Hi,

I’m trying to integrate the framework with Rdio’s OAuth2 implementation:
http://www.rdio.com/developers/docs/jsapi/oauth2/auth-code/ref-oauth2-auth-code

I was reading:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OLTU/OAuth+2.0+Client+Quickstart

And I got stuck on the Exchange OAuth code for an access token.  I believe according the the Rdio documentation, I will need to perform a POST to the token endpoint, however, when I run the getLocationUri on the request it sends the params in the url.

Is it possible to send a POST request, instead of a GET?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Access Token Request Using POST

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.
If you use OAuthClientRequest#buildBodyMessage, it will put the parameters
in the request body. For Facebook the query parameters can go in the URL,
but others like Microsoft, want them in a POST body.

Jasha