Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jihoon Kim <ji...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/26 23:18:14 UTC

Mentor recruit for MyFaces Alchemy subproject

Hi!

Our team was hoping if we could get mentor volunteers for the MyFaces
Alchemy subproject.  Since the mentors must be of IPMC, I thought it
would be best to request it from this mailing list.

The details regarding the project is within the draft proposal at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/MyFacesAlchemyProposal

and we currently have Hazem Saleh [committer to MyFaces project] and
myself [Jihoon Kim] who are interested in furthering the development
of this project.  Matthias Wessendorf has volunteered in being a
mentor/champion of this subproject [he is a PMC within the MyFaces
project and an Apache Member].

As for the current status of this subproject, I have initiated a post
within the MyFaces mailing list regarding the proposal of this
subproject. Though previous posts have been made, as stated within the
Wiki, since I wanted to adhere to the Apache way as closely as
possible; I have initiated a more formal post.  After five - seven
days of the post remaining alive, if all the issues regarding the
subproject have been answered; I will start the vote to have Apache
MyFaces as an official sponsor of this subproject [which had been
discussed previously in an another post, but for more formality once
again].

Then if the vote is affirmative, I have requested that MyFaces contact
the IPMC regarding the acceptance of the project as a Podling within
the Incubator with a possible request of additional mentors that they
might propose of.

Thanks <8^) !!!

--
Sincerely,

Ji Hoon Kim

Re: Mentor recruit for MyFaces Alchemy subproject

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this proposal is for a "new" project.
> It has dependency on Adobe's Flash/Flex,...
>
> Do we allow/want projects like that?

I don't see why not.

> Not sure if that would be similar to PDF.

More like C# or Java.

> Greetings,
> Matthias

- Sam Ruby

Fwd: Mentor recruit for MyFaces Alchemy subproject

[...]

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org