Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2003/04/02 17:32:25 UTC

Dynamic Forms & Indexed properties (was RE: [Struts FAQ] Update #3)

John wrote:
> Struts FAQ - Update #3
> http://www.scioworks.net/servlets/ShowPage?pid=54&dp=3
> Q3: What are "indexed" struts-html tags and how to use them?

These are great, thanks!  I was just saying yesterday that indexed
properties might solve a problem I have, but looking at the example I'm not
sure if I can use them with a DynaValidatorForm.

In the example, does the programmer have to code the "Person" class with
phoneNo and name properties, or does that happen somehow automatically?

And how does this work:
 public void getPerson(int index) { ... }

Shouldn't that return a Person object, or at the very least an Object,
rather than void?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.