Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Sarah.kho" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/01 22:30:55 UTC

Re: how to add authentication to a web application?

Thank you Chi.

Can you please let me know how we can determine one security realm for all
modules included in the ear file?

i know that it has something to do with the geronimo-application.xml but no
more details.

thanks.

Re: how to add authentication to a web application?

Posted by "Sarah.kho" <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Re: how to add authentication to a web application?

Posted by Marshall Crocker <cr...@cavs.msstate.edu>.
In my geronimo-web.xml the only entries I have related to the security realm are

<web:security-realm-name>MyAppSecurityRealm</web:security-realm-name>
    <sec:security>
        <sec:role-mappings>
            <sec:role role-name="admin"/>
            <sec:role role-name="user"/>
        </sec:role-mappings>
    </sec:security>

Of course the MyAppSecurityRealm I created from the geronimo console.

In web.xml I define the roles and the resources these roles have access to.

Marshall

>>> "Sarah.kho" <sa...@gmail.com> 4/5/2010 12:42 PM >>>

Hi,

Any comment?

Thanks.

Re: how to add authentication to a web application?

Posted by "Sarah.kho" <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Any comment?

Thanks.

Re: how to add authentication to a web application?

Posted by "Sarah.kho" <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for providing the details.

Can you please let me know when we use <security-realm-name> element in the
deployment descriptors? isn't it supported in geronimo-application.xml?

Thanks.

Re: how to add authentication to a web application?

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
Add the realm module as a dependency in your geronimo-application.xml like:

          <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>console.realm</groupId>
                <artifactId>derby_security_realm</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>car</type>
              </dependency>
            </dependencies>