Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@theunderground.net on 2006/03/02 00:51:30 UTC

Nested Layouts bugs?

Fellow Jetspeeders..

I'm looking into ways to do some more complex layouts, and the nested
approach would be ideal (nesting one layout within another).  However, I'm
encountering some problems that appear even when I try using the
unmodified, out-of-box nested-layout.psml example (located in
/_user/user/).

For instance, everything reappears withing both layouts (so the nav is
displayed twice), and no portlets appear within the sub-layout.  Also, I
can't find a way to specify two different layout-decorators for them both
(although this might just be the way it's designed), so they both always
look exactly the same.

Does the nested-layout.psml page work for anyone else?  A quick way I
found to test was to copy it into the \pages folder and view it directly.

If I could figure this out, one could really create any layout imaginable..

-Ben

Re: Nested Layouts bugs?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
jetspeed@theunderground.net wrote:
> Fellow Jetspeeders..
>
> I'm looking into ways to do some more complex layouts, and the nested
> approach would be ideal (nesting one layout within another).  However, I'm
> encountering some problems that appear even when I try using the
> unmodified, out-of-box nested-layout.psml example (located in
> /_user/user/).
>
> For instance, everything reappears withing both layouts (so the nav is
> displayed twice), and no portlets appear within the sub-layout.  Also, I
> can't find a way to specify two different layout-decorators for them both
> (although this might just be the way it's designed), so they both always
> look exactly the same.
>
> Does the nested-layout.psml page work for anyone else?  A quick way I
> found to test was to copy it into the \pages folder and view it directly.

2.0 or 2.1-dev?

Re: Nested Layouts bugs?

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Ben,

Sorry... just saw this today... are you using a current version of J2?
If so, what browser?

Randy