Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by "Thompson, Dave" <dt...@owlcyberdefense.com> on 2021/05/18 17:12:21 UTC

224 legacy Resolved Daffodil JIRA tickets

All,

There are currently 224 Daffodil JIRA tickets resolved in previous releases, all but 2 from v2.5.0 (1/2/2020) and earlier.

I want to check with the group to see if it would be acceptable to close these tickets with "Closed due to no activity."

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Dave Thompson | Senior Engineer, Services
 [cid:image001.png@01D6EB27.668D0C60]
dthompson@owlcyberdefense.com<ma...@owlcyberdefense.com>
(410) 290-1411 x162
Connect with us!
 [cid:image007.png@01D6EB27.831BAFD0] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/owlcyberdefense/>  [cid:image008.png@01D6EB27.831BAFD0] <https://twitter.com/owlcyberdefense>
 [cid:image006.jpg@01D6EB27.668D0C60] <https://owlcyberdefense.com/resources/events/>

The information contained in this transmission is for the personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately

Re: 224 legacy Resolved Daffodil JIRA tickets

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Agreed, +1

Any old tickets that have been resolved but not closed can probably be
assumed to have been correctly fixed. Otherwise someone would have
likely ran into the issue and reopened the ticket.

And if we do discover an issue wasn't fixed, we can also reopen a ticket
or create a new one.

Also, pruning these old tickets will make it easier to stay on top of
resolved ticket verification and maybe make getting involved with
verification for new contributors less intimidating.

Posted by "Interrante, John A (GE Research, US)" <Jo...@ge.com>.