Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/23 19:31:48 UTC

Tapestry PMC Updates

Our PMC is way out of date.  This is what's currently listed:

* Tapestry  (est. 02/2006)
    David Solis                <ds...@gmail.com>
    Geoffrey Longman           <gl...@gmail.com>
    Howard M. Lewis Ship       <hl...@apache.org>
(*)
    Jesse Kuhnert              <jk...@gmail.com>
    Kent Tong                  <fr...@yahoo.com>
    Mind Bridge                <mi...@yahoo.com>
    Paul Ferraro               <pf...@apache.org>
    Richard Lewis-Shell        <rl...@gmail.com>
    Tsvetelin Saykov           <ts...@gmail.com>

Of those, Jesse Kuhnert and myself are the only actively involved/committing
members (I've seen just a trickle of activity from David Solis).  Meanwhile
we have several active new committers in the T4 and T5 code base.

I don't think the bar for PMC membership should be very high above the
committer bar.  The primary function of the PMC is to approve new releases
and new committers.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50

Re: Tapestry PMC Updates

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Yep, I've been appealing to Mindbridge and others directly to join in, at
least long enough to get the PMC viable again.

Re: Tapestry PMC Updates

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Re: Tapestry PMC Updates

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

On 10/23/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Our PMC is way out of date.  This is what's currently listed:
>
> * Tapestry  (est. 02/2006)
>     David Solis                <ds...@gmail.com>
>     Geoffrey Longman           <gl...@gmail.com>
>     Howard M. Lewis Ship       <hl...@apache.org>
> (*)
>     Jesse Kuhnert              <jk...@gmail.com>
>     Kent Tong                  <fr...@yahoo.com>
>     Mind Bridge                <mi...@yahoo.com>
>     Paul Ferraro               <pf...@apache.org>
>     Richard Lewis-Shell        <rl...@gmail.com>
>     Tsvetelin Saykov           <ts...@gmail.com>
>
> Of those, Jesse Kuhnert and myself are the only actively involved/committing
> members (I've seen just a trickle of activity from David Solis).  Meanwhile
> we have several active new committers in the T4 and T5 code base.
>
> I don't think the bar for PMC membership should be very high above the
> committer bar.  The primary function of the PMC is to approve new releases
> and new committers.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer